Drinking cleansing shakes is one of the simplest, yet most effective methods to get rid of poisons from the body, which enter our interiors through, among others, chemical-filled food or stimulants. Although each of us is naturally equipped with body cleansing centers such as the liver, large intestine and kidneys, in the case of a large accumulation of harmful substances, these organs cannot keep up with their excretion. Discover our recipes for an effective cleansing cocktail – with these concoctions you will effectively get rid of toxins!
Table of contents
How to cleanse the body of toxins – known and effective methods
If we lived in a clean environment, ate healthy, avoided stimulants and used less chemicals in our everyday life, our bodies would certainly cope better with self-cleansing. Unfortunately, modern civilization is what it is, and we ourselves are usually a bit at odds with a healthy lifestyle. When our body suffers from an excess of toxins, it gives us clear signals, such as:
- apathy, depressive states,
- sleep problems,
- problems concentrating,
- weakened immunity,
- constipation, problems with bowel movements,
- bloating, swelling,
- abdominal pain,
- weight gain,
- excessive appetite or lack of appetite,
- foul-smelling sweat and bad breath,
- deterioration of skin, hair, nails.
We should not underestimate such signals. Long-lasting state of excess toxins in the organism not only negatively influences the mood, appearance and functioning of the system, but it can also contribute to the occurrence of many civilization diseases.
All the more so it is worth taking care of the detox of the body, which can be carried out in a simple way, by drinking every day a cleansing cocktail based on ingredients stimulating the excretion of toxins. Simultaneously with the cocktail treatment it is worth to modify eating habits in terms of giving up or reducing processed food, products with large amounts of unhealthy fats and sugars, colored drinks, alcohol.
In addition to drinking cocktails, another well-known way to cleanse the body is the so-called Dabrowska diet. Undoubtedly, it is effective, but it carries a lot of restrictions and requires iron consistency. Not everyone is prepared to implement a therapeutic fast for several days, and then eating almost exclusively vegetables, fruits and grains. Many people look for less radical methods to detoxify the body. One of the most effective, and also extremely easy to carry out, is the discussed treatment of cleansing cocktails, while other popular methods include:
- treatment with herbs with diuretic, choleretic, liver, pancreas and intestinal support properties;
- Grapefruit and olive oil cleansing;
- Purification with birch sap;
- Lemon juice cleansing;
- detoxification treatment with freshly squeezed juices of fruit and vegetables;
- Detoxification treatment with milk thistle;
- treatment with millet groats, the so-called millet detox.
Cleansing cocktails with a blender – 3 simple rules for making them
Drinking daily cleansing cocktails, you will quickly notice an improvement in health and well-being. It will be best if we combine the cocktail treatment with at least moderate physical activity and a healthy diet, as well as limit or give up stimulants. In this way our body will have very good conditions for self-cleansing.
How to make an effective cleansing cocktail from toxins? It is enough to follow these 3 simple rules:
- The base of the cocktails are vegetables and fruits – in equal proportions, with a predominance of fruits, with a predominance of vegetables or with only vegetables – your choice. These ingredients, before being placed in the blender, should be cleaned very thoroughly with hot water to get rid of pesticides and other chemicals used during farming and after harvesting.
- Every body cleansing cocktail is enriched with grains and cereal products, because they are characterized by a high content of dietary fiber and have outstanding abilities to sweep away intestinal deposits, with which toxins are excreted. Such ingredients as flaxseed, chia seeds, oatmeal, rye flakes, bran, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, amaranth, sesame, poppy seeds will work great. Other high-fiber foods that can be used in smoothies are: dried fruit, moringa leaves, nuts, almonds, young green barley.
- To cocktails we add spices and herbs with cleansing properties of the body: parsley, dill, ginger, fresh mint, turmeric, pepper cayenne, nettle, plantain, bladderwrack, cinnamon, thistle.
Cleansing cocktail – recipes for 5 effective concoctions
1. cleansing citrus and celery cocktail
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 0.5 grapefruit
- 1 small or 0.5 large root celery
- 2 sprigs celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger (or piece of fresh ginger)
- 2-3 tablespoons of flaxseed
Peel the citrus and divide into segments. Peel the celery root. Put the vegetables and fruit into a blender, add the ginger and flaxseed. Blend for a while. Add a little water if the cocktail seems too thick.
2. green smoothie with a tropical note
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 3 ground cucumbers
- 2 kiwi fruits
- a quarter of a fresh pineapple
- large pinch of cinnamon
- large pinch of turmeric
- 2-3 tablespoons oatmeal (or other cereal, such as rye or buckwheat)
Peel and cut the pineapple and kiwi into smaller pieces and place in a blender. Add spinach, kale, cinnamon, turmeric and oatmeal. Blend until smooth. Top up with a little water if needed.
3. red bowel cleansing smoothie
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 handfuls of red grapes
- large piece of watermelon
- 1 teaspoon pepper cayenne
- 2-3 tablespoons of psyllium seed
Cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces. Pepper seedless and cut into small pieces. Watermelon also cut into smaller pieces. Put the fruit and vegetables into a blender. Add psyllium seeds, pepper cayenne and a pinch of sea salt to taste. Blend. You can add a little water if the smoothie is too thick.
4. quick four-ingredient vegetable cleansing smoothie
- 0.5 bunch of parsley
- 2 large or 4 small beets
- 1 large celeriac
- 2-3 tablespoons of cereal bran
Chop the parsley. Peel the beets and celery and cut into small pieces. Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for a while. Add approx. 100 ml of water and blend for a few more minutes.
5. fruit smoothie intensively purifying
- 2 cups of black or red currants
- 2 peaches
- 1 large or 2 smaller apples
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- approx. 100 ml natural yogurt
- approx. 100 ml water
- 0,5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey to taste
Remove the stalks from the currants, cut the apples and remove the seeds, cut into smaller pieces. Peaches cut through, remove the stone, grind into smaller pieces. Put all the fruit into a blender, add chia seeds, yogurt, water, cinnamon and honey. Blend until the consistency of a smooth mousse.
Acleansing smoothie is the patent for a healthy start to the day or for a revitalising snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. If you want to experience the power of a cocktail detox but don’t have the time or the flair to create your own concoctions, you can try ready-made cocktails available as a powder that you simply pour water over and you’re ready to go!
ORDER DETOX DREAM SHAKE