Deacidification of the body is a process which will allow us to regain good mood and get rid of many troublesome ailments, such as digestive problems, bad skin condition or infections which often happen. More and more people are facing the problem of acidification of the body. It is usually the consequence of a combination of various factors, among which a poor diet plays the first fiddle. Acidification of the body is the cause of many ailments that destroy the comfort of life. What’s worse, a prolonged state of acidity can be a big burden for the body and affect a significant deterioration of its work. Find out how to deacidify your body with a few simple steps.
Table of contents
- 1 Acidification – a common ailment associated with an unhealthy lifestyle
- 2 Acidification – the causes
- 3 Symptoms of body acidification
- 4 Deacidification – 5 effective ways
Acidification – a common ailment associated with an unhealthy lifestyle
The correct pH value for the human body is 7.365. Such a blood reaction ensures the efficient functioning of internal organs, well-being and a generally correct condition of the whole body. However, we often make many nutritional mistakes and lead an unhealthy lifestyle, and this is a direct way to disrupt the pH in the body.
Acidification is a condition in which the acid-base balance in the body is disturbed. When there is a significant predominance of acidic products in our diet (their pH is lower than 7), the body stops dealing with the natural removal of excess acids. As a consequence, a whole series of distressing ailments is exacerbated. However, a bad diet is not the only possible reason for body acidification, in the following part of the article you will learn about all the potential causes of this phenomenon.
Acidification is one of the most common ailments of civilization character. The main culprit for this condition of the body is our lifestyle, i.e. what we eat, what environment we function in, what (and how much) harmful substances we come into contact with.
For example, we often eat too much wheat products, sugar, dairy and meat. We drink several coffees and teas every day, and to top it off, we don’t move much. In return, we offer our bodies nothing else to counteract these harmful behaviors. It quickly turns out that an acidic environment dominates in our system and problems begin…
Acidified organism quickly responds in the form of more and more frequent bacterial, viral and fungal infections and other ailments. We feel increasingly weak and lethargic, skin problems appear, and we can only dream about losing weight. The body simply does not cooperate. Is it possible to remedy this?
Acidification – the causes
Our body is equipped by nature with certain regulating mechanisms, which under normal conditions take care of the acid-base balance in the system. Such guardians of homeostasis in the body are, among others, the kidneys, liver and lungs, which through the filtering process lead to a systematic removal of acids from the body.
Unfortunately, if there is a very large or sustained excess of acids in the body, the kidneys, liver and respiratory tract cannot keep up with neutralizing them. Hence, the acid-alkaline balance is disrupted and the organs deteriorate.
What are the main causes of acidification of the body?
- Improper diet. Too many acidic products in the diet and not enough alkaline ones. In other words, too much processed food, simple sugars, meat, flour products, dairy products and not enough fruit and vegetables.
- Too many stimulants. Coffee, alcohol, cigarettes – all these stimulants, especially when used in excess and with high frequency, are a burden on our body. They cause not only disturbances in the acid-base balance in the body, but also contribute to increased accumulation of toxins, worsening of the work of the circulatory system and increasing the level of harmful free radicals in the body.
- Frequent staying in a polluted environment, frequent contact with chemicals.
- Lack of physical activity. Sedentary lifestyle is a great enemy of a healthy body. One of the negative effects of a negligible amount of movement in everyday life, apart from slow metabolism and easy weight gain, is acidification of the body.
- Too much physical effort. As it turns out, not only inactivity, but also too intensive, strongly exerting activity can influence body acidification.
- Too intensive and too fast pace of life. Overwork, excessive duties, sleep deficiency and insufficient rest, as well as frequent stress and nervous tension, are other factors which may contribute to acidification of the body.
- Following strict weight-loss diets, as well as dehydration of the body, too little water in the daily menu.
Symptoms of body acidification
The most common symptoms of acidification of the body include:
- muscle pains,
- lack of energy, constant fatigue, sleepiness,
- weakness, apathy,
- problems concentrating,
- memory problems,
- a feeling of heaviness,
- gaining weight easily and quickly,
- lowered immunity, frequent infections, colds and allergic reactions,
- abdominal pain, appetite disturbances, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, vomiting, bloating, constipation, intestinal problems,
- bad taste in the mouth,
- rheumatism, arthritis,
- skin deterioration (e.g. dry skin, pimples, grey, dull complexion)
- hair loss, worsening of the appearance of hair,
- nail deterioration (thin, weak, brittle nails),
- dark circles under the eyes,
- general dishevelment, malaise.
Deacidification – 5 effective ways
Introduce a deacidification diet – eat healthy and green!
How to deacidify the organism? Deacidification diet (also known as alkaline diet or alkalizing diet) will help us to do that. If used regularly, it is a highly effective way to deacidify the body. It is not difficult, expensive or time consuming, the more so it should not cause us any problems. The effect of permanent removal of persistent symptoms and overall improvement in health, well-being and work of the body is the best argument in favour of implementing a deacidification diet.
Deacidification diet involves a significant reduction of acidifying products at the expense of deacidifying (alkaline) products. The latter should constitute about 70-80% of our menu. It is true that it is not always possible to achieve this 70-80%, but we should try to make sure that the deacidifying (alkaline) products appear in all meals of the day and generally lead in our menu.
How to eat in order to deacidify your body? You should start each day with a glass of warm water with lemon juice, which, although it has a sour taste, is actually an alkaline product. During the day we eat about 5 meals, trying to make sure that our plates are always dominated by deacidifying products.
Here is a list of acidifying and deacidifying foods:
Acidifying (acid forming) products:
- margarine and refined oils,
- coffee, tea,
- salty snacks like chips,
- sauces such as ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise,
- cereal products,
- white flour products (e.g. bread, pasta),
- coloured, sugary drinks,
- ready meals, fast food,
- meat (especially fried meat),
- processed meat and fish,
- processed meats,
- dairy products, eggs,
- honey, sugar, jam, ice cream.
Deacidifying (alkaline forming) products:
- vegetables, legumes and greens (e.g. beetroot, celery, broccoli, cucumber, broad beans, green peas, peppers, tomato, zucchini, spinach, lettuce, botanicals, parsley, watercress, kale)
- fruits (e.g. oranges, tangerines, lemons, grapefruits, kiwi, strawberries, melons, papaya, apples, pears, currants, gooseberries, grapes, avocados)
- millet groats,
- buckwheat groats,
- coconut oil,
- olive oil,
- unrefined oils (e.g. linseed oil, pumpkin seed oil, thistle oil, evening primrose oil).
Important note, admittedly dairy, eggs, cereal products, fish or meat are in the group of acidifying products, but we do not have to resign from them completely, because they are needed in a properly balanced diet. It is only necessary to maintain appropriate proportions in their consumption, reduce their quantity and eat them in the company of vegetables and fruit. However we should definitely avoid the most acidifying products, i.e. ready meals, sweets, fatty and flour dishes, highly processed food.
In order to intensify the deacidification processes, it is also worth adding herbal infusions (e.g. from purgatory, dandelion, nettle) and unsweetened juices and fruit and vegetable cocktails to the daily menu.
Keep your body properly hydrated – drink plenty of healthy fluids!
Priority in the deacidification process is to provide your body with plenty of fluids. It is best if it is water, natural juices or herbal teas, because coffee and black tea are acidifying liquids. It is worth adding lemon to water, because such a drink stimulates metabolism, has diuretic and cleansing properties. It is also recommended to drink water with apple cider vinegar before each meal or extremely healthy green tea.
Recommended daily intake of water for people aiming at body deacidification is 1.5 – 2 liters. In addition to water, other recommended liquids are:
- white tea,
- green tea,
- fruit teas (e.g. from hibiscus),
- herbal infusions,
- water with addition of freshly squeezed fruit juice (e.g. from grapefruit, orange),
- yerba mate,
- fruit juices without added sugar and glucose-fructose syrup,
- vegetable juices,
- vegetable and fruit juices or vegetable blender cocktails.
Take supplements that have a deacidifying effect!
A very good way to deacidify your body is to use a dietary supplement aimed at restoring the right balance between acids and bases in your system. The preparations with precious algae, such as chlorella and spirulina, deserve special attention. They perfectly deacidify our organisms and, what is more, they effectively cleanse us from toxins, at the same time increasing our immunity and giving us vitality.
One of the best algae products for deacidification and detoxification is Spirulin Plus. The preparation cleverly combines the power of spirulina with the strength of several other plant ingredients, making its action more comprehensive and stronger.
Spirulin Plus contains two types of algae – spirulina and chlorella – as well as nettle, dandelion, green tea, alfalfa and zinc. Such a composition guarantees effective removal of toxins from the body and, at the same time, efficient deacidification and reduction of swelling.
The supplement accelerates metabolism, thanks to which fats and carbohydrates are burnt faster and all harmful substances are excreted from the system more effectively. Thanks to these properties, the product leads to the reduction of excess weight, slimming body shape and a comprehensive repair of health.
What is more, Spirulin Plus increases immunity, gives energy and makes the condition of hair, skin and nails improve. The preparation is completely natural and does not cause any unpleasant side effects. In the opinions of Internet users you can often read that the treatment with Spirulin Plus brings satisfactory results.
In addition to getting rid of excess water, there is a noticeable jump in vitality, as if the body suddenly took off. Internet users write that they feel lighter, healthier, have a better mood, and all this after up to 90 days of treatment.
Spirulin Plus supplementation is a great option if you want to accelerate and intensify the effects of deacidification and cleansing, and if you don’t have enough time to fully prepare your diet for the presence of alkaline-forming products and the elimination of acid-forming ones.
Increase your level of physical activity!
Movement is good for everything, so also in the case of acidification of the body will be a great support for us. During physical activity there is an effective removal of acids, unnecessary products of metabolism and toxins that are excreted from the body with sweat.
Of course there is no need to run marathons or throw yourself into crossfit type of hard training. In fact, you should avoid excessively strenuous, exhausting workouts that lead to overloading your body. The most recommended is moderate physical activity, which can be gradually increased as our condition and capacity increases. It is best to exercise 4-5 times a week. We should start with 20-25 minute sessions, which can be successively prolonged (up to about 45-50 minutes).
Every kind of sport is good, it is important that it is adjusted to the age, motor abilities and health condition. Sometimes long walks or the popular nordic walking are enough.
Regular physical activity not only intensifies the effects of deacidification, but also makes our circulation improve, our heart functions better, the whole body wakes up to work. Turned up metabolism starts to work more efficiently, and excessive fat tissue, if we have any, starts to disappear from our body sooner.
Take care of proper rest, reduce stress!
Stress is an acidifying factor, especially prolonged and strong stress. Stress causes the secretion of cortisol, a hormone that focuses the body only on the fight for survival. It causes the body to start malfunctioning, including acidification. It’s not easy, of course, but it’s worth trying to eliminate some stressors from your life. In addition, you can work on ways to calm and soothe, such as meditation, a good book, yoga or music.
In order to effectively deacidify the body, we should also remember to take care of good mental condition on a daily basis, not to overwork ourselves, not to live life at too high a speed and to devote an appropriate amount of time to sleep (about 7-8 hours).
Also check out this effective anti-stress and well-being product: Restilen