Losing weight fast and effectively is not a simple matter. Most people who have tried this art, have either drastic diets or murderous exercises and even if they achieved the desired result, in many cases the weight came back to the old level after some time. So how to lose 10 kg fast and avoid the yoyo effect?
Table of contents
- 1 What is the yo-yo effect?
- 2 10 kg in a month or two weeks? The fastest does not always mean the most effective!
- 3 Effective 10 kg slimming diet
- 4 Exercises to lose weight – how to accelerate fat burning?
- 5 How to lose 10 kg fast – supplementation
What is the yo-yo effect?
In simplest terms, it is cyclical, alternate losing and gaining weight, which is usually the result of too radical diets during the period of weight loss. What it looks like in practice, we can easily notice by observing some celebrities who appear to us once as thin, another time clearly overweight. It is believed that only after 5 years of dieting, there is no danger of returning to the old weight, because such a long time is needed for healthy eating habits and a new lifestyle to “get into our blood” permanently.
The most common mistakes that we make during and after the weight loss treatment, and which contribute to the mechanism of returning to the old weight, are first of all, too rapid weight loss caused by a draconian diet. Contrary to appearances, this is not a good way to get rid of excess weight, and in any case not permanently.
A small amount of calories supplied causes the body to go into a state of energy saving – metabolism slows down, and each additional portion of calories is stored in fat tissue. And when the hunger strike is over, the body, having learned from the experience of hunger, continues to intensively accumulate reserves, instead of burning them.
The role of regular physical activity in the process of weight loss is also very often neglected, while it is one of the essential conditions of a slim figure.
The yo-yo effect is also caused by the belief that because we managed to lose a dozen or so kilograms, we can afford to return to the old lifestyle and way of eating. In this way, we waste all the effort put in weight loss. Mental attitude is also very important in this case, as well as finding another way to relieve emotions than constant snacking.
10 kg in a month or two weeks? The fastest does not always mean the most effective!
Almost everyone dreams of losing weight without making big sacrifices. What is more, many producers of supplements convince us that taking a particular preparation is enough to make this dream come true in a short time and without a diet or physical activity. Meanwhile, weight loss should be approached consciously, systematically and responsibly.
Too intensive and fast slimming down not only brings harm to the whole organism, but also almost certainly causes the yoyo effect. And although the ideal figure is undoubtedly a goal worthy of certain sacrifices, it makes no sense to try to achieve it at any cost.
It is not only about the adverse effects on health, but also the unsightly sight of sagging skin and, above all, unexpected results after the end of the treatment. If, for example, as a result of a very strict diet, we lose 10 kg in 2 weeks, firstly, the metabolism will slow down considerably during that time, and the body will switch to storing reserves, secondly, after the end of the treatment, it will demand missing nutrients, which will result in a constant and intense feeling of hunger. From here it is only a step to eating without restraint and rapid weight gain.
Whether youwant it or not, what remains is gradual, sensible and well-thought-out weight loss, a carefully planned strategy involving the introduction and consolidation of new eating habits and constant physical activity. It probably doesn’t sound impressive, but this is the only way to achieve relatively fast (let’s say 10 kg in 2 months) and, above all, permanent results. The healthiest and most effective weight loss in the long run is the one during which you lose 0.5 to 1 kg per week.
Effective 10 kg slimming diet
Whether we like it or not, however, diet is the basis of the weight loss process. It is not true that you can take some medicine or supplement at the same time eat sweets with impunity and lose weight. And it is not about starving yourself, at least for the reasons described above. It is about implementing a few basic rules of the new style of eating.
First of all diet for quick weight loss must be a varied diet. There are many low calorie products, which can be used to replace the traditional ones, and you do not have to starve yourself or eat monotonously. They include, among others, various groats, oatmeal and wholemeal cereal products, lean dairy products, lean meat and fish (preferably cooked), vegetables and fruit, seeds, nuts and stones.
How to lose 10 kg in a short time without the yoyo effect? Here are some main rules:
- You should carefully plan the menu for the whole week, categorically do not eat just anything and random things.
- You should eat more often and less, preferably 5 small meals a day.
- Eat very slowly, this way you satisfy your hunger faster and limit the number of absorbed calories.
- Do not snack between meals.
- Food should be rich in fibre, which causes the feeling of satiety and regulates digestion.
- The menu should not lack large amounts of raw vegetables and some fruit (containing less sugar).
- The breakfast should be fairly rich, while the last meal, eaten no later than 3 hours before going to bed, should be very modest.
- Drink a lot: water, or fruit teas or green tea, of course without sugar.
What to eat to lose weight?
- Vegetables – very important in the process of losing weight, because they contain fibre, which positively influences the speed and quality of metabolism. It can be cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, green beans, zucchini, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, soybeans.
- Fruits. Among them, however, contain a lot of calories and have a high glycemic index bananas, grapes, dates, figs, pomegranates, kiwi, pears, dried plums, which should be eaten in limited quantities. Instead of them you can freely eat strawberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, apples, blueberries. Finally, there are such fruits which directly support slimming, because they suppress the appetite or even stimulate fat burning. These include grapefruit, pineapple, papaya and prickly pear.
- Low-processed, wholemeal and whole-grain cereal products. Wholemeal bread, brown or wild rice, bran, cereals, unroasted groats – millet, barley, buckwheat, pearl barley.
- Dairy products – natural yoghurts, tasteless kefirs and buttermilk, skim and semi-skimmed cottage cheese, skim milk.
- Fresh and unprocessed meat, preferably lean. Chicken, turkey, rabbit, beef, venison, veal, lamb, preferably cooked or fried without fat or with a minimum of healthy oil.
- Fish, preferably fresh, baked in foil or steamed with vegetables. They are healthier than meat, rich in protein and high in essential fatty acids.
- Seeds, seeds and nuts – they contain a lot of fibre, thanks to which they effectively accelerate metabolism and at the same time support the fat burning process.
- Vegetable fats, preferably in the form of olive oil, flaxseed oil or coconut oil.
- Water. A fast weight loss diet cannot do without plenty of water, about 2 liters a day.
What not to eat to lose weight?
- White bread. Highly processed flour does not contain fibre, nor the right amount of vitamins and minerals, but it provides so called empty calories.
- Sweets. It is not only a huge amount of sugar, but also trans fats and all harmful additives.
- Flavored cheese, yogurt, buttermilk. Also contain large amounts of sugar and various enhancers and flavor enhancers.
- Fatty soups and sauces seasoned with flour and cream.
- Fried and breaded meat, especially in the so-called deep fat. Cured meats and delicatessen products.
- Highly processed food – all powdered soups and sauces, muesli, crisps, flakes, sticks, even semi-finished products, are loaded with preservatives, with large amounts of salt and trans fats, preservatives and other such things. Unfortunately, products labelled as “fit” or “light” also belong to this group.
- Fast food – these are authentic calorie bombs, with all the ingredients most conducive to obesity – sugar and salt in large quantities, unhealthy fats.
- Sweet and carbonated drinks, alcohol. They are high in calories and stimulate the appetite.
Exercises to lose weight – how to accelerate fat burning?
Probably some people may feel disappointed, but diet, although it is the basis for weight loss, is not everything. The optimal solution is to combine an appropriate diet with a programme of physical activity and additionally support yourself with a good quality supplement. This way we will achieve our main goal – losing 5, 10 or even 15 kilograms.
Types of training to aid weight loss
Interval training, which consists of alternating more and less exhausting exercises, for example, alternating ultra-fast sprinting with running at a moderate pace, is considered to be the best in burning fat. However, this is very intensive training and is more suitable for people who are already active in sports. A single workout should last 20 to 40 minutes and consist of a warm-up, interval training, stretching and cooling down. Since this type of training is very demanding for the body, it should not be done more often than 3-4 times a week.
This type of exercise can be based on various forms of physical activity such as running, cycling, push-ups, squats, jumping rope, jogging or marching on a treadmill. Interval training should not be done on an empty stomach or while on a restrictive diet. It can’t be combined with strength training either.
Aerobic training is helpful in accelerated fat burning. It is not a hard type of training, does not require great effort, is rather moderately demanding, practically for everyone. It consists in performing exercises during which energy is gained in the process of aerobic combustion. The muscles must not be loaded too much, and the exercises must be chosen in such a way as to involve as many muscle groups as possible. They should be performed uniformly and evenly, and the heart rate cannot be too high (at most 65% of the individual maximum heart rate).
To be effective in weight loss, aerobic training should last about an hour. Aerobic exercises can include cycling, running and marching, swimming, stepper exercises, jumping rope, roller skating, skating and skiing, push-ups, sit-ups, dumbbell exercises, squats. If you want to intensify the effects in burning pounds, you can combine strength training with aerobic training. It can look as follows: 20 minutes of exercise with dumbbells, and then 40 minutes on a stationary bike.
Other types of recommended physical activity
Swimming is an excellent ally of weight loss, and for its amateurs it is also a real pleasure. Swimming as an aid in the process of shedding weight is especially recommended to persons with large excess weight, because in water we avoid overloading joints which are already overloaded in this case.
Outdoor activities, such as running, are also recommended. Any type of exercise is beneficial and advisable, as long as it is done systematically. We should also remember that if we have just started our adventure with sport and our body is not used to physical effort, we should start with light exercises and gradually increase their duration and intensity.
How to lose 10 kg fast – supplementation
As already mentioned, weight loss treatment requires a carefully devised strategy of action, only then it will be effective. The basic elements of this strategy are diet, physical activity and properly selected supplement, which plays a supporting role. It can be a good quality, proven thermogenics, or fat burner, based on natural ingredients. Such a supplement is Fast Burn Extreme – a multi-ingredient fat burner that suppresses appetite, fuels metabolism and accelerates the reduction of stored fat.
Consistently applying all subsequent elements of our plan, we will surely achieve the expected slim figure effect in a relatively short period of time.