Testosterone is the main male hormone, and every bodybuilding enthusiast should know a bit more about it than the average person. Why? Because it is hormonewhich affects our strength and physical performance, and which plays an important role in the process of mass building. If you have low levels of testosterone you can wait much longer for the effects in the form of developed muscles. How to increase testosterone levels in your body with simple methods and thus accelerate the rate of mass gain? Read in this article.
Table of contents
Testosterone levels and lifestyle
Even such seemingly insignificant issues as the amount and quality of sleep can have an impact on lowering testosterone levels in the body. If you want to trigger the process of increased production of this hormone, the first step should be to observe your lifestyle and possibly eliminate harmful habits. Remember to:
- sleep long enough (about 7-8 hours);
- always have a good rest after intensive physical effort in order to allow your body to regenerate;
- avoid stress, do not give in to depression or bad moods;
- limit stimulants – alcohol should be consumed only occasionally and in small amounts, cigarettes should be completely avoided (not to mention drugs)
- take care of regular physical activity – a sedentary lifestyle is definitely against high testosterone levels;
- get it right diet;
- Maintain an appropriate body weight – it’s all about body fat – if it’s too much, testosterone production is affected. So if you have too much “subcutaneous fat”, reduce it!
How to increase testosterone levels – modify your diet!
Think your testosterone levels are not at a satisfactory level? Get rid of all unhealthy, processed foods from your diet. Start eating a varied diet.
Modify your menu to include products rich in: unsaturated fatty acids, zinc, selenium, magnesium, protein, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin B6.
To put it simply, eat plenty of such products as:
- poultry meat, lean red meat,
- avocado fruit,
- vegetables (especially: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, peppers),
- fruits (especially: citrus fruits, kiwi, currants, strawberries, grapes),
- lean dairy products,
- grains, oatmeal, bran, sprouts,
- whole grain breads, groats,
- olive oil and good quality vegetable oils such as coconut oil,
- cocoa, dark chocolate.
How to raise testosterone levels naturally – harness the power of medicinal plants!
If you are wondering how to raise testosterone naturally, the answer is the famous medicinal plants that have been used for centuries as an antidote to male problems, including too low testosterone. Here are the most effective of them:
- Mace (Tribulus terrestris ) – effectively increases natural testosterone, stimulates nitric oxide production in the body, improves physical performance, accelerates the process of building muscle massenhances motivation and improves male libido.
- Fenugreek (Fenugreek) – another natural testosterone booster. It has an anabolic effect, it has a positive effect on muscle strength and increases the rate of muscle growth, while also supporting the burning of excess body fat.
- maca root – It significantly increases physical performance, adds energy, improves mood, and helps regulate hormone levels in the body, including testosterone. If we have too little of it, it naturally increases its level.
- Ginseng is one of the most famous medicinal plants. The properties of ginseng, which are particularly important for strength trainers, include: raising energy levels, increasing strength and vitality, improving endurance thresholds for physical exertion, improving training potential and naturally increasing testosterone levels in blood.
- Vitania sluggishis (Ashwagandha) supports nitric oxide production in the body, increases testosterone levels in the blood, improves physical condition, improves the effects of strength training – we gain muscle mass faster and get rid of redundant tissue more quickly. body fat.
How to increase testosterone levels – bet on dietary supplements!
The most affordable, effective and convenient form of the medicinal plants mentioned above are nutritional supplements. They contain a pure extract of a particular plant, or they are a composition of several different plant extracts and other substances, which are designed to stimulate the body to increased testosterone production. Such multi-ingredient preparations have the advantage that some ingredients enhance the effects of others, so it’s definitely worth using their strong potential during mass gain or sculpting cycles. Here are some interesting market suggestions which I tried myself and which had a very positive effect on my training results:
- Mass Extreme – contains as many as 3 extracts that support testosterone production: mace, maca root and fenugreek (Fenugreek). Apart from them, there are also other substances which support mass gain. Read more about Mass Extreme here.
- Testolan – a perfectly composed blend for people who have problems with gaining mass. It contains a number of natural testosterone boosters such as: mace, maca root extract, ginseng, vitania sluggard, fenugreek plus other substances which have a positive effect on the male body. You can read more about Testolan here.
- Titanodrol – contains extract from mace and fenugreek. It also contains DAA, beta-alanine, L-argninine and other ingredients useful in building muscles. Click here for more information about Titanodrol.