Lemon diet (developed by Michał Tombak), which aims at thorough detoxication of the body and comprehensive improvement of health and well-being, has recently enjoyed great interest. Taking advantage of the benefits of the yellow citrus fruit is also the domain of many female dieters who reach for a few glasses of water with lemon juice every day in order to get rid of excess weight. Is it really a good way to stimulate the slimming process?
Table of contents
Lemon – properties, composition
Does water with lemon slim down? Opinions are divided, but regardless of whether this drink really helps us lose weight or not, it is certainly worth reaching for it because of its wide range of health-promoting properties. Drinking a portion of water with lemon juice supplies us with a pool of vitamins and minerals, provides us with a shot of energy for many hours, hydrates the body, stimulates metabolism and supports the processes of deacidification and purification of the body from toxins.
Vitamins and bioelements present in lemon are:
- vitamin A,
- vitamin E,
- vitamin C,
- B vitamins,
Lemon is also a source of valuable flavonoids (including rutin, quercetin) that exhibit antioxidant and immune-boosting properties, terpenes that improve digestion, essential oils, and dietary fiber that is important for weight loss.
Lemon water – effects on the body
Due to its rich nutritional value, the effect of lemon on the body is versatile. However, eating lemon whole or drinking pure juice for many people is troublesome due to the high level of acidity of this fruit. Nothing stands in the way of diluting freshly squeezed lemon juice with water and supplying it to the body every day in this form. The combination of mineral water and lemon juice is an ideal way to replenish electrolytes and “recharge batteries” for the day!
How water with lemon juice works on our body:
- hydrates, balances potassium, sodium and other electrolytes;
- strengthens immunity;
- reduces susceptibility to colds and infections;
- thanks to high content of antioxidants, reduces oxidative stress, counteracts aging and cancer;
- stimulates the body’s regeneration processes;
- has a positive effect on blood vessels;
- helps in lowering blood pressure;
- has a slightly diuretic effect, helps flush out toxins from the body;
- stimulates the production of digestive enzymes, facilitates digestion;
- stimulates metabolism;
- stimulates bile secretion, supports liver function;
- prevents acidification of the body, helps to restore proper pH;
- improves skin condition, making it look younger.
Lemon water for weight loss – does it help?
Yes, lemon water can help us get to a slim figure, but if we limit ourselves to drinking it and don’t try other activities which favour weight reduction, we can expect poor results. The most beneficial for our silhouette will be the combination of lemon treatment with a reduced calorie diet and physical activity. Accelerating the effects in weight loss can also be a good fat burner – BurnBooster or another of the leading supplements in this category.
How often and in what quantities should I drink lemon water for weight loss? It is certainly worth trying to be systematic and use it every day, about 2-3 times. The first glass should be drunk after waking up, before breakfast, the next portions should be consumed during the day, for example around noon and before evening.
A large glass of warm water with the juice of a whole lemon drunk on an empty stomach is an excellent way to start metabolism. With this easy procedure, our body will burn fat and calories more efficiently during the day. Moreover, drinking water with lemon in the morning results in stimulation of intestinal peristalsis and improvement of the digestion process, and thus elimination of constipation, flatulence and regulation of the defecation cycle.
Drinking water with lemon juice every day we have better metabolism and better digestion. We do not feel annoying fullness in our stomach, our figure is slimmer, our belly does not resemble an inflated balloon.
How else does water with lemon support slimming? Many people emphasize that after a portion of such a drink hunger decreases and it is easier to control your appetite. This probably has to do with the presence of pectin in lemon and the ability of this fruit to increase the feeling of satiety and regulate blood sugar levels.
Read also: Metformina for weight loss
How to drink lemon water for weight loss?
The ways of lemon treatment are very many. We can drink either water with pure lemon juice or, in order to intensify the effects, enrich the mixture with other ingredients with properties that support weight loss.
Here are examples of lemon concoctions for weight loss that are worth trying:
- Water with mint and lemon
- Water with lemon and cinnamon
- Water with cinnamon, apple and lemon
- Water with ginger and lemon
- Water with lemon and chili
- Water with lemon and grapefruit juice
Lemon and turmeric water – Pour the juice squeezed from half a lemon into a glass of room temperature water. Add a little less than half a teaspoon of turmeric. Stir thoroughly, drink half a glass at once, stir again, drink the rest before the turmeric has time to settle at the bottom.
– crush a handful of mint leaves and place in a glass. Pour hot water, leave for a few minutes to cool. Add juice from half a lemon, mix, drink.
– pour about 200 ml of lukewarm water into a glass, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly, drink.
– pour about 500 ml of still mineral water into a glass jug. Add 2 apples cut into small pieces, a teaspoon of cinnamon and the juice of 1 lemon. Mix. Put the mixture into the fridge overnight. In the morning, the drink is ready to drink.
– a piece of fresh ginger (about 2 cm) peel and grate. Pour a glass of warm water. Then add the juice from half a lemon. Mix and drink.
– add a large pinch of ground chili (pepper cayenne) and the juice of half a lemon to a glass of lukewarm water. Mix and drink.
– squeeze juice from half a grapefruit and half a lemon, pour about 200 ml of lukewarm water, mix and drink. Additionally, we can spice up the drink with a pinch of chili.
We recommend: Ranking of tablets for weight loss